How would you know that you need to replace your shower cartridge?
You may need to do that if you noticed reduced water pressure in your shower or some leaking.
Here is a complete guide on how to replace your shower cartridge valve yourself.
If you do not feel handy enough to do that yourself, please call our office to book plumber today 416-881-6151.
1. You need to unscrew your shower handle, you should find a screw, it is usually located on the bottom of the handle.
We recommend using a flip-out screwdriver. However, you could use another type of screwdriver to do that.
2. Remove the end of your valve and carefully remove those parts.
3. Using same flip-out screwdriver remove screws that holding your shower trim plate.
4. Take out a trim plate and put it aside.
5. Next, you have to determine if your shower valve has water stops.
If you have water stops you simply could turn out your water flow with a screwdriver if you don't then turn off your water supply off the main.