Here is a complete guide on how to replace your shower cartridge valve yourself.
If you do not feel handy enough to do that yourself, please call our office to book plumber today 416-455-5554
1. You need to unscrew your shower handle, you should find a screw, it is usually located on the bottom of the handle.
We recommend using a flip-out screwdriver. However, you could use another type of screwdriver to do that.
2. Remove the end of your valve and carefully remove those parts.
3. Using same flip-out screwdriver remove screws that holding your shower trim plate.
4. Take out a trim plate and put it aside.
5. Next, you have to determine if your shower valve has water stops.
If you have water stops you simply could turn out your water flow with a screwdriver if you don't then turn off your water supply off the main.
6. When you turned off your water supply, find the clip that is located on top of the cartridge valve and remove it with pliers.
7. Now you could to remove your cartridge. You could use locking pliers if you have one, if not you could use any pliers you have, it should also work. You need a firm grip and pull out the cartridge carefully.
8. Now when your old cartridge is out you could replace with the new shower cartridge. Simply insert it on the same spot you had found your old cartridge.
On the one side of the cartridge valve, there is a horizontal line, that would be facing down.
9. Finally, you replace the clip, the trim plate, and all assembling. Make sure the top of the end of the valve is on the left side and reattach the handle.
We hope that it would help you to accomplish it by yourself, if you feel like you need help, give us a call, you are more than welcome!